The People's Commune of Dawsinian is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Denth Kasten with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 17.93 billion Dawsinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Town's End. The average income tax rate is 1.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Dawsinian economy, worth a remarkable 3,012 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Retail, Gambling, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 168,003 Pound Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, the best doughnut stores have been taken over by foreign police officers, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, and the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Dawsinian's national animal is the Duck, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dawsinian endorsed The Republic of Londonberry.
- : Following new legislation in Dawsinian, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Dawsinian lodged a message on the Simulacrum Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Dawsinian, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Dawsinian, the best doughnut stores have been taken over by foreign police officers.
- : Dawsinian endorsed The Armed Republic of Aportistopireistan.
- : Dawsinian was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Aportistopireistan.
- : Following new legislation in Dawsinian, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Dawsinian endorsed The Empire of Erebis.
- : Dawsinian was endorsed by The Empire of Erebis.
Endorsements Received: 94 » The Greenlandic North, ImperialRussia, Wintermoot, Andromedian, Eas Knine, Reactia, Samrif, Lusgastan, The Frogz, The Stigyan Triumvirate, The Provincial Union of the Pacific, Geckotania, El Bababooey, New Narag Empire, Mirandelles, Svipjoth, Weihbach, Lumia Rey, Imperio tilandes, Dawcreek, Mantahore, Zinnea, Thomoland, Ehrenfest, Yukomibia, Cozia, Melehan, Oro Blanto, Bostovania, Daaric Republic, Platinum Skills, Volatavia, Uncracked Eggs, United union of freedom, Zirydia, New Montith, Ilkra, Joslisonoria, Lysentia, WhysashaPOTATO, Henj, Sue goose, Tripartita, Akahitoha, Gehwerstaat, Arcaniia, Europa dictatorship, Kirmizistan, Polugaria, Yaell, and 44 others.Santa Clara Cartel, Namkada, Saagar, Regatul Carpatiei, Thuragin, Pantoufle, Lok Chau, Eden Prime, Lattvland, Vonland, Of the Hykra Republics, Assperdo, Goiky Republic, Spallan, Asmia, The Budget Holy Romans, Kiloska, Jonklination, Ardenee, Sapphiron, Polarium, Cropton, Klank, S H X, Brick Hill, Epiree, Genolar, National Republic of Gamers, The Middle-Earth, Salorus Shron, Arkoskia, Mosunia, Ormencia Bythoria, Free Separatists of New Columbia, Anarchy Rainbow, Islead Medenes, Fenara, Khersonska, Holy Spire, The Cod Mass, Yestleck, The Ursian Empire, Erebis, and Aportistopireistan.
WA update pending: Nation has 95 verified endorsements.