|Leader||The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For|
The Secret Tree House Club of Decent Humans is a massive, safe nation, ruled by The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.233 billion Decent Humans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bubble Bobble. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Decent Humanian economy, worth 67.6 trillion Shiny Shapeses a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,846 Shiny Shapeses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The blind lead the blind in social welfare, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Decent Humans, and sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decent Humans's national animal is the harlequin shrimp, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Chillwhateverism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Decent Humans.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, the blind lead the blind in social welfare.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For seems to wear red a lot these days.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality.
- : Decent Humans was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Bailsland.
- : Decent Humans voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 73 » Kuriko, The Soylent Green Party, Ignis Cinere, Blogotopia, Tzo, Valentian Elysium, Seantonia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Testa, Nooooooooooooooo, Northern African Sahara, Zeganas, Chip Skylark, Eist, Karlando, Anollasia, Gal Cradia, Vivolkha, Gewisse, Old Atlantica, Old Tryst, Wysrod, Northern Nivaria, Tindomelia, Krystalveil, Flex Lexington, Novegia, The Snake Brotherhood, The Biggles Syndicate, Achiotopia, Manonmanistan, The Parandeam, A Lee Project, New Fania, Randopian, Alaxia, Vill Send, Recon Island, Ishkabibber, AciaciaMont, Zinzdan, Ziejastan, Jeelung, Ao Kuang, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Tamsalin, United Kingdom of Selesnia, and 23 others.Republic of Karskarovyt, Evertopia, Nublar Paradox, Ehrgeizig, Lunador, Leprechaun Gold, Lite-Brites, Dustwind, Andaristiva, Anisopterra, Offden, Great Ranges, Calrad, Creeptopia, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, Greenmont Federation, United North American Islands, Pianaville, Liberdon, Namakan, and Bailsland.