The Commonwealth of Deftern is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Aristocles Plato with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 1.718 billion Defternians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Defternian economy, worth 163 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is 95,321 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor, builders across Deftern are blocked up with orders for new public loos, the government is avowedly secular, and 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deftern's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deftern was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Deftern was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sloburg.
- : Deftern was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Deftern voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Deftern voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Deftern, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Following new legislation in Deftern, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Deftern was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Deftern, builders across Deftern are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Deftern, flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Imperium Anglorum, Invernessia, Trixeland, Someseni, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Shaor, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Apabeossie, Ausvelt, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Republic of Satherland, Kanokla, Jim the Baptist, Meropis, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, The New Mexican Confederation, Dark Matter, Yahlia, The Seven Provinces, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Regnum Italiae, Chioganah, Destyntine, Germany Third Reich, Rivierenland, The New Nordic Union, Kyrica, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Anskerdank, Eski, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Brakanistan, Enway, GanymedEuropa, Nardin, Continental Social Democrats, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nuevo Europa, and 5 others.Zulrich, Maalat, En Hassik, Sloburg, and The Axis of Death.