The Most Serene Republic of Dei et Hominis is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Olivia Agard with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 960 million Dei et Hominisians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arc City. The average income tax rate is 65.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Dei et Hominisian economy, worth 54.7 trillion Euros a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,941 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's hospitals are criticized for caring more about profits than patients, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, daring to agree with another politician is grounds for instant dismissal, and constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dei et Hominis's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dei et Hominis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Dei et Hominis was endorsed by The Roman Regnum of Marina Nova.
- : Dei et Hominis was endorsed by The Republic of Formenor.
- : Dei et Hominis endorsed The Republic of Formenor.
- : Dei et Hominis endorsed The Roman Regnum of Marina Nova.
- : Dei et Hominis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Dei et Hominis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Dei et Hominis, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Following new legislation in Dei et Hominis, daring to agree with another politician is grounds for instant dismissal.
- : Following new legislation in Dei et Hominis, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Giovanniland, Hamburg Neo, Dilber, Wickedly evil people, Mediobogdum, Orcatortugs, Fallen Iron Duke, Wellington Bingbong, Eastern Bahia, Thyrall, Glorious Existence, Fujai, Oronia, Lodiberdade, Weratt, Nieubasria, Constantinopolisia, Cro Magnon, Rekialvern, Tropical Isles, Fuentana, Arnic, IndyCar Racing, Archonina, The North American Assembly, Formenor, and Marina Nova.