|Leader||Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford|
|Faith||Freedom of Faith|
The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.565 billion Deontologians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kategoria. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Deontologian economy, worth 789 trillion Deontolls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 172,894 Deontolls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Deontologia, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads, and citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deontologia's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deontologia was endorsed by The Quentibanch of Caterasia.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Deontologia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Deontologia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Deontologia was endorsed by The Happy Place of Vanenia.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Deontologia.
- : Deontologia endorsed The Republic of Taco Respublic.
- : Deontologia endorsed The Harmony of Feladria.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Pen Blanityion, Ruinenlust, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Effazio, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Lura, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Groenwald, Eryndlynd, Bakwaas, Burkhai, Anachronolandia, Ironic Remarks, Atsvea, Canaltia, Middle Barael, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, McClandia Doge 2, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Ziotah and Riverside, Tscharva, Vanenia, and Caterasia.