The Autocracy of Desibia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by David Rodrenez with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, complete lack of prisons, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.427 billion Desibians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vialusa. The average income tax rate is 55.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Desibian economy, worth 139 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 97,633 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The clergy of Catholic Christianity remains a single-sex institution, wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities, saying that someone looks a bit pale can be construed as hate speech, and nations across the world are quick to praise David Rodrenez's good looks and intellectual prowess. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desibia's national animal is the coyote, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Feldorf.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Republic of Anglo-Francios.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, nations across the world are quick to praise David Rodrenez's good looks and intellectual prowess.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, saying that someone looks a bit pale can be construed as hate speech.
- : Desibia endorsed The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Desibia endorsed The Commonwealth of Stromia.
- : Desibia endorsed The Kingdom of Maalat.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ausvelt, Someseni, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, North of Americas, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Savinecross, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Canovium, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Destyntine, The New Nordic Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, An Clar, Abject Ludicrosity, Nardin, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Prussian-Union, Dalmannia, Lyallpur, Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Mallesia, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, and 21 others.Estellan, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Anskerdank, Vachia, Eski, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, Enway, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Maalat, Stromia, En Hassik, Anglo-Francios, The Axis of Death, and Feldorf.