The Destabilizing Nation of Devlon is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Marshal Mavon with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.431 billion Devians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trentlon. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Devian economy, worth 474 trillion Slips a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 107,134 Slips, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection, workers have their fruitcake and eat it too, and construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devlon's national animal is the Martial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devlon was endorsed by The Empire of Aquyia.
- : Devlon was endorsed by The Republic of Eastocke.
- : Devlon was endorsed by The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : Devlon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, workers have their fruitcake and eat it too.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Trentlon to enjoy their national art.
- : Following new legislation in Devlon, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
Endorsements Received: 116 » Zukchiva, Wiranath, Talitoa, Wallenburg, Gunov, ReeK, Debluu, Oofery, VW53Aland, Kampf Empire, A mean old man, The solar ottomans, Marrabuk, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, Brotherland, Hogwarts of muggles, Layngderfleethe, East Malaysia, Socialist Holy American Empire, Tretrid, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, The Bedford Initiative, Santa Dystopia, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Dravida India, Dannemarie, Roissyland, The Kulaata Islands, Pakitsk, Blobon, Acronis, CheeseBurrito, Kavanos, Pledonia, Technocratic Tagalog, Republic of Berzerkistan, New Leganes, Pirnovo, CopyCato, Greater New Cassandra, Fellon, Spiruvania, Asendavia, LibRight Libertarianism, Plazland, and 66 others.Vessarlian, Indonesia Soekarnoisme, Daravon, Vizh, West Nagato, Cisdaniria, Nevertopia, Cafe Hell, Cellar Doors, Empire of Dabiristan, Kelssek, Squid Ruinosa, Eagas, Cacnesia, Solek, From New World, Ridann, Federated States of Zootron, Clarence-Voslage, 3 14159265358979323846264, Lingu, Eagle Crest, Catlovenia, Dahom, The Death Syndicate, Republic of New India, Rainbow Vests, Bai Lung, North Bernia, Freedomindia, Dragonia, Lyontisia, Unger under over, Wanabe, Kalaratri, Under Upper Antartica, Kaigi, The Empire of Rijelv, Imperial Akatsuki, Ripsylvania, Lanagon, Barfleur, Drunken Seal Islands, Monix, Distro-Spartica, Wisdoms and Knowledges, Davinhia, Enlil, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Our Gods, Staynes, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, The Almighty Country, Propwash, Freedom Fascists, Kangarawa, Interdimensional Waifus, Tierra Fuego, Kriov, Veterans Association, United China Nation, Maricentria, Chria Deau, Northern Celavon, Eastocke, and Aquyia.