|Leader||Adhdedus Jedud III|
The Hazmat-Suit Wearing Land of Devonigondwana is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Adhdedus Jedud III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 943 million Spuds are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Uglatto. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Devo economy, worth 47.4 trillion Snowballs a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 50,236 Snowballs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists are forbidden to enter Native Devo lands, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, and human sacrifice to the metaphorical altar of Mammon ensures national prosperity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devonigondwana's national animal is the sea dandelion, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devonigondwana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Devonigondwana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Devonigondwana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, human sacrifice to the metaphorical altar of Mammon ensures national prosperity.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Devo lands.
- : Following new legislation in Devonigondwana, they say that Spuds made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Devonigondwana relocated from Confederation of Corrupt Dictators to Conch Kingdom.
- : Devonigondwana relocated from Conch Kingdom to Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Nova Briton, Charville, Socialist Platypus, Duby, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lislandia, The Free City of Nelson, Cle Brait, Hubdova, Aelandi, Primis Tenebris, Crimson Eternal, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, GreatBritannia, Erithian, Seolia, GibmeMoney, Wakaru, Werstonal, Ciapore, Gatorstan, Creditopia, Terra Valor, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Loveable Dogs, Hockeyyekcoh, Commuba, BadBitchVille, Flamboyant Fanboys, Nibelia, Oktadonia, Elythrea, Saraai, Zuelong, Cyzixraqab, Eastern Starbowie, Stustu, Sweola, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Balan Bar, United Cyber Tech, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, and 18 others.The Orange Microwaves, Covoicotheval, Swiss Hommousionopia, Great Luirokitanea, Vivenxistan, United States Of Florida, Locotima, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Tentoria, Washiwa, The Capitalist China Party, Aerospace And Freedom, Holy Boaiggim, The Unified Pumaxi, Saijan, Litorauria, Ienia, and Arcus Iris.