The Principality of Discotheque is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 649 million Discotheqis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Theqnoheim. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Discothequean economy, worth 56.4 trillion Disco Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. Average income is 86,948 Disco Bucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, it's customary to greet the monarch with fist bumps, and lottery winners spend most of their money on security. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Discotheque's national animal is the Chupacabra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, lottery winners spend most of their money on security.
- : Discotheque endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Discotheque endorsed The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, it's customary to greet the monarch with fist bumps.
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, social care for the elderly consists of a self help leaflet and a kick on the backside.
- : Discotheque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Discotheque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Following new legislation in Discotheque, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Kuriko, Valentian Elysium, New Fania, Evertopia, Krystalveil, Lower Phlebacite, Eist, Zeganas, Tzo, Liberdon, Creeptopia, Blogotopia, Anigeto, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Seantonia, Palman, Isentran, Gal Cradia, Airday, Anollasia, Northern African Sahara, Lamborghini Murcielago, Novegia, The Snake Brotherhood, Testa, Coreras, Iontan, Kebecois, North Southumberland, Achiotopia, Karlando, Slaytania, Lacuna, Chip Skylark, Grimmywelsh, The African Emirates, Neojinkotsu, BRVTOPIA, Republic of Nutella, Northern Nivaria, Dustwind, Sedek-Cantus, Nooooooooooooooo, Recon Island, The Pipiles, Ishkabibber, Ignis Cinere, Tamsalin, Zinzdan, and 36 others.Flex Lexington, The Republic of Osea, Nublar Paradox, Xemja, Rex Republic, Alen-roshh, Techoligia, Medetas, Snakeden, Quwoe, Itic, Republic of Libriano, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Lunador, Leprechaun Gold, AciaciaMont, The Pizza, Anisopterra, Great Ranges, Vivolkha, Drewish, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, PYT, South Bospies, United North American Islands, Athontia, Lisokyo, Final Universal Order, QuazaFire, Vill Send, Marxist Germany, Bortheria, and HumanSanity.