The Queendom of Douglas Beach is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 3.94 billion Douglas Beachians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Douglas Beachian economy, worth 116 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Uranium Mining industry. Average income is 29,527 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, organ donation rates have hit a new low, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Douglas Beach's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Douglas Beach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia rose from "Contender" to "Enforcer".
- : Douglas Beach's influence in North Columbia rose from "Zero" to "Contender".
- : Douglas Beach relocated from Purgatory to North Columbia.
- : Douglas Beach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Douglas Beach's influence in Purgatory rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".