|Currency||Monopoly Money and Ring Pops|
The Democratic States of Draggy is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 310 million Draggieses have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 46.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Draggyian economy, worth 32.2 trillion Monopoly Money and Ring Pops a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 104,018 Monopoly Money and Ring Pops, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back, Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and Leader is considering changing the Draggyian flag to one with more glitter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Draggy's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Draggy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, Leader is considering changing the Draggyian flag to one with more glitter.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Draggy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, supermarket milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Draggy, the Draggy City Film Festival recently voted 'Draggies Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : Draggy endorsed The Collective Machinery of Free Radio States.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Wickedly evil people, Fuentana, Giovanniland, Q The Almighty, Dilber, Pandaland II, The divisive isolationists, Mirchusko, Lodiberdade, The Undivided, Willow Gate, Volkason, The Free States of Gotham, Champaign, The United Republic of Westend, Magnolia Paradise, Probablynotverygoodistan, Fujai, Professor thomas, The North American Assembly, Lothundy, Gryphonian Alliance, IndyCar Racing, Akshireuya, and Free Radio States.