The Republic of Dragonroar is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 850 million Dragonroarians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragon City. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Dragonroarian economy, worth 83.5 trillion Draco Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is 98,184 Draco Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months, prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up, and the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dragonroar's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
- : Dragonroar was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Plazland.
- : Dragonroar's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dragonroar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonroar, jail house rock has been replaced with jail house golden oldies.
- : Dragonroar was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, H-Zhena, Bachtendekuppen, Neruch, Roissyland, Tim Stark, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Pulmonaria, Hizuru, The Holy Empire of Moronica, The Romanum Legio, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Iyholenor, Davelands, Am Echad, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Pakitsk, Astroa, Opossum Slayer, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, The United Neo American Union, and Plazland.