The Northern Marshes of Drasnia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Rhodar with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, infamous sell-swords, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 16.307 billion Drasnians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education, Administration, and International Aid also on the agenda, while Environment and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boktor. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Drasnian economy, worth a remarkable 6,071 trillion half-crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 372,322 half-crowns, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,422,995 per year while the poor average 22,722, a ratio of 106 to 1.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks, rumor has it that King Rhodar has won three lotteries in a row, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Drasnia's national animal is the fenling, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, rumor has it that King Rhodar has won three lotteries in a row.
- : Drasnia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, nihilistic thrill-seekers claim that suicide by roller coaster is the ultimate life experience.
- : Drasnia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, a degree in King Rhodar Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
- : Drasnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Drasnia, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.