The Republic of Durfia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and vat-grown people. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.172 billion Durfians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 77.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Durfian economy, worth 481 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 151,786 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance, children are sent to either religious or secular schools, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Durfia's national animal is the bison, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Alunya.
- : Durfia relocated from The East Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Durfia endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Durfia withdrew its endorsement from The NS Pretty Girl of Fedele.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : Durfia was endorsed by The Empire of Spoilt Blood.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Alunya.