The Empire of Dykurst is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nighthunter with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 22.172 billion Dykurstians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominious. The average income tax rate is 30.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dykurstian economy, worth a remarkable 4,385 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 197,801 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves, rumor has it that Nighthunter has won three lotteries in a row, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', and coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykurst's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Locust.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Rose Delegate of Chimes.
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dykurst was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Pink Pony Playtime Paradise of Dyllypoly.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Glorious Occultist State of FiTzGEraLdLAnD.
- : Dykurst was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Farrakhan.
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dykurst relocated from The League of Conservative Nations to The Rejected Realms.