|Capital||Carthaginem esse delendam|
The Holy Empire of Dystopija is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, triple-decker prams, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 407 million Dystopijans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carthaginem esse delendam. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Dystopijan economy, worth 43.3 trillion Goldinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 106,405 Goldinars, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Tens of thousands of Dystopijans rock the night away at the annual SuperLob, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, there's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dystopija's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dystopija was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Dystopija voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, there's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, tens of thousands of Dystopijans rock the night away at the annual SuperLob.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, the banshee wail foretells skies of death.
- : Dystopija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Dystopija, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Dystopija's stability.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Kuriko, New Fania, Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Tzo, Chip Skylark, Wysrod, Dustwind, Vivolkha, Constantinolia, Krystalveil, Randopian, The Republic of Osea, Northern Nivaria, Nooooooooooooooo, Alen-roshh, Jesehannu, Evertopia, Greenmont Federation, Isentran, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Vegland, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Ignis Cinere, and Bortheria.