The Fiefdom of Eastern Amsterdamas is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The democratic population of 120 million Eastern Amsterdamasians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 21.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Eastern Amsterdamasian economy, worth 4.18 trillion Euros a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,805 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All beauty contests have been banned, the Eastern Amsterdamas Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, citizens sporting mohawks must carry family trees on them at all times, and posh restaurants scatter glass fragments on the dining room floor to keep out barefoot undesirables. Crime is almost non-existent. Eastern Amsterdamas's national animal is the Goat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eastern Amsterdamas's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Eastern Amsterdamas's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Eastern Amsterdamas's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eastern Amsterdamas's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Eastern Amsterdamas applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Eastern Amsterdamas resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Eastern Amsterdamas relocated from Vermont to The Rejected Realms.
- : Eastern Amsterdamas was ejected and banned from Vermont by The Kingdom of Anarchys Everywhere.
- : Eastern Amsterdamas's influence in Vermont rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Eastern Amsterdamas changed its national motto to "Prosper for a second" and its nation type to "Fiefdom".