The Rational Democracy of Eco-empire is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Comrade 1 with a fair hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.152 billion Eco-empireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Darwin II. The average income tax rate is 82.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Eco-empirean economy, worth 119 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,700 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
When electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming, children who express a belief in Santa are labelled 'delusional cultists', fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals, and foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eco-empire's national animal is the Epicyon haydeni, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals.
- : Eco-empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 5% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, children who express a belief in Santa are labelled 'delusional cultists'.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, statistics show that terrorists often come from broken families.
- : Eco-empire published "Views of Eco-empire" (Account: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Eco-empire, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.