|Leader||President Ned Edgewalker|
The Universal Republic of Edgelandia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by President Ned Edgewalker with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ban on automobiles, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 13.361 billion Edgelandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbrook. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Edgelandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,023 trillion Edgebucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 151,428 Edgebucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, smoking is banned in public areas, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, and artists are pillars of society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edgelandia's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edgelandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Edgelandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- : Following new legislation in Edgelandia, the question of 'what is President Ned Edgewalker's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.
- : Edgelandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
Endorsements Received: None.