The Infection of Edgemaster is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Haruhi Suzumiya with an iron fist, and remarkable for its flagrant waste-dumping, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 29.696 billion Burst Linkians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seireitei. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Burst Linkian economy, worth an astonishing 23,835 trillion Gils a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is a breathtaking 802,642 Gils, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,141,141 per year while the poor average 84,745, a ratio of 48.9 to 1.
Etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', everyone apparently sends Haruhi Suzumiya hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Burst Linkian bee, and royal princesses are recognizable by their plastic tiaras. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Edgemaster's national animal is the Hollow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Haruhiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, royal princesses are recognizable by their plastic tiaras.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Burst Linkian bee.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, everyone apparently sends Haruhi Suzumiya hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully'.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Edgemaster was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Jingoistic States of Charlie Kirkistan.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Free Land of Greybrows Puppets.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Gulag of Where Your Deadbeat Dad Lives.
- : Edgemaster was endorsed by The Free Land of Greybrows Puppets.