The United Republic of El Blurkistan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Martin Point with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.048 billion Blurks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ceex. The average income tax rate is 49.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blurkic economy, worth 213 trillion Rovas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 104,414 Rovas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities, gun ownership is compulsory, and open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. El Blurkistan's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ramjism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : El Blurkistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : El Blurkistan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Socialist Union of Maharlika.
- : El Blurkistan was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Trollgestan.
- : El Blurkistan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Kliffoj.
- : El Blurkistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes and Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in El Blurkistan, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost.
- : Following new legislation in El Blurkistan, gun ownership is compulsory.
- : El Blurkistan was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in El Blurkistan, homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities.
- : Following new legislation in El Blurkistan, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Tarzantos El Camosia, Mudreuque, Dyrland, Nein Marosts, Liberto-Ancapistan, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Ciapore, Lislandia, Balan Bar, Pervincia, Cle Brait, Creditopia, Primis Tenebris, Socialist Platypus, Tolerian Empire, Atila, Gatorstan, Kensaland, Prairie Union, Oktadonia, Wakaru, Duby, Flamboyant Fanboys, Lucensia, Vivenxistan, Plusquam verisimile est, Nova Briton, StarGaiz, Capibara Democratic Republic, Stustu, Space Nudists, Erithian, Puffin Islands, Cyzixraqab, Saint Killebrew, Untied States of Matter, Kurczak Mielony, Werstonal, Swiss Hommousionopia, Xavier The 1, Land of Legacy, JoshRunsAGovernment, Nibelia, Terra Valor, Elythrea, Glorsto, Commuba, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Oak River, Zuelong, and 37 others.Aelandi, Charville, The Orange Microwaves, Deblar, The Free City of Nelson, GreatBritannia, Hubdova, Skoorb, The Psittacines, Bothenry, Hockeyyekcoh, Bohseon, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Suryadweep Islands, Mandarivia, Free Azell, Gibraltarica, Kursibar, Hamptoria, Devonigondwana, Saraai, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Eastern Starbowie, Fellonandia, Sweola, Fichnoman, Seolia, United Cyber Tech, Danimpalia, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Redamia, Great Luirokitanea, Covoicotheval, and Kliffoj.