The Empire of Elagabalus is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 586 million Elagabalusians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The strong Elagabalusian economy, worth 25.3 trillion Denarii a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is 43,228 Denarii, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 278,613 per year while the poor average 2,709, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Elagabalus's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elagabalus's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Elagabalus's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Elagabalus's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Elagabalus applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Elagabalus relocated from Devious Tyrant to Artificial Solar System.
- : Elagabalus's influence in Devious Tyrant rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Elagabalus resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Elagabalus's influence in Devious Tyrant rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Elagabalus relocated from Artificial Solar System to Devious Tyrant.
- : Elagabalus endorsed The Queendom of 73-Sweeze.