|Leader||the Revolutionary Committee|
The Syndicalist Confederation of Eleuthernia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by the Revolutionary Committee with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, state-planned economy, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.475 billion Eleuthernians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Augsburg Commune. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Eleuthernian economy, worth a remarkable 1,404 trillion labor vouchers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 187,844 labor vouchers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
T-shirts displaying a photo of the Revolutionary Committee performing the Full-Monty are selling out, religious education is a new government priority, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop. Crime is totally unknown. Eleuthernia's national animal is the blue finch, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eleuthernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Eleuthernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Eleuthernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Eleuthernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Eleuthernia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens, Nicest Citizens, Safest, and Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Eleuthernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Eleuthernia approved the World Assembly proposal "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Eleuthernia approved the World Assembly proposal "Rights of the employed".
- : Eleuthernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : Eleuthernia approved the World Assembly proposal "Access to Abortion".