The Republic of Elwana is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Orelov Victus with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, pith helmet sales, and national health service. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 8.572 billion Elwanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyecov. The average income tax rate is 72.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Elwanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,457 trillion Boshkas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 170,035 Boshkas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
It turns out that money can buy you happiness, Elwanian junkies argue that poppy stalks are ornamental flowers, Elwanian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, and vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas. Crime is totally unknown. Elwana's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, Elwanian watches list strained wrists as a common side effect.
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, Elwanian junkies argue that poppy stalks are ornamental flowers.
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, it turns out that money can buy you happiness.
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, weight loss clubs that guarantee losing a stone a month are talking about misplacing rocks.
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, little kids often wonder why strange grown-ups are following them around the soft play areas.
- : Elwana was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Elwana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Elwana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Elwana, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Northern Nivaria, Kuriko, Tzo, New Fania, Free Land of Rebellium, Oyste, The Soylent Green Party, Isentran, Wysrod, Better Indonesia, Dustwind, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferte, Karlando, Mittal Land, Flying Eagles, Maalemzya, Seranis, Libertaritaritaritaria, The Parandeam, Ironica Butterfly, Anollasia, Echocrimsonia, Anisopterra, Kebecois, Slaytania, Nooooooooooooooo, Piscina, Graemania, Vill Send, Discotheque, Valentian Elysium, Randopian, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Evertopia, Xemja, Leprechaun Gold, Armatha, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, Solsevara, Novegia, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.