|Leader||Marshal Jebediah Grey|
The Confederacy of Elythrea is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Marshal Jebediah Grey with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, compulsory military service, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.868 billion Elythreans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arrikaara. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Elythrean economy, worth 242 trillion laurels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 129,560 laurels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, homophobia is off the menu, and court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elythrea's national animal is the hipster, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elythrea was endorsed by The Republic of Deblar.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Elythrea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Elythrean democracy.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Elythrea, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Socialist Platypus, Liberto-Ancapistan, Duby, Kurczak Mielony, Pervincia, Untied States of Matter, Lislandia, Dyrland, Balan Bar, Gatorstan, Primis Tenebris, Cyzixraqab, Stustu, Space Nudists, Ciapore, Cle Brait, Swiss Hommousionopia, Erithian, Oktadonia, Vivenxistan, Oak River, Land of Legacy, Saint Killebrew, Nibelia, JoshRunsAGovernment, Her Majesty Silver Garden, El Blurkistan, Zuelong, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Charville, Aelandi, Nova Briton, GreatBritannia, Xavier The 1, Sussex-Frederica, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, Wakaru, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Suryadweep Islands, Mandarivia, Werstonal, Gibraltarica, Kursibar, Hamptoria, Free Azell, and 14 others.Devonigondwana, Saraai, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Eastern Starbowie, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Seolia, Redamia, Great Luirokitanea, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Kliffoj, and Deblar.