The Free Land of Embon is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 337 million Embonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 38.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Embonian economy, worth 13.2 trillion lynnrds a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,102 lynnrds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Embon's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Embon was endorsed by The Allied Republics of Northern Nivaria.
- : Embon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Embon was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : Embon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Embon was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Embon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Embon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Following new legislation in Embon, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Embon, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Embon, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Krystalveil, Kuriko, Wysrod, Randopian, Anisopterra, Snakeden, Dustwind, Ehrgeizig, Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, The Republic of Osea, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, and Northern Nivaria.