The Islamic Republic of Emmiria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Akram Sulaiman with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, pith helmet sales, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.539 billion Emmirians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rhaga. The average income tax rate is 33.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Emmirian economy, worth 110 trillion Emmirian Rijas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 71,766 Emmirian Rijas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set, and a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Emmiria's national animal is the Ibex, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Emmiria's influence in Coalition of Crown Albatross rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Following new legislation in Emmiria, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Emmiria, tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set.
- : Following new legislation in Emmiria, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Emmiria, shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district.
- : Following new legislation in Emmiria, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Emmiria withdrew a proposal from the WA Security Council titled "Commend Zamastan".
- : Emmiria submitted a proposal to the Security Council Commendation Board entitled "Commend Zamastan".
- : Emmiria published "Condemnation Against Frederick Armbar" (Bulletin: News).
- : Emmiria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".