The Free Land of Enplatia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Landers with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.346 billion Enplatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Enplatian economy, worth 573 trillion marks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 107,280 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Enplatia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Enplatia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Enplatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Enplatia was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
- : Enplatia endorsed The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Enplatia endorsed The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Luddinlande, Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Kringalia, FreeFishers, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Belschaft, Tsunamy, Techganet, Erinor, Moreana, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsvetania, Wyatonians, Darakin, Aywhyou, La Ascension, Poopisiya, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Jehenna, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Solar System Scope, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Linguiniland, Rhetiaa, Saciu, New Briantown, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Lambdaland, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Paranoia, Silberne Wache, The National Corporation, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, North Kanuckistan, Vincent Field, Kandorith, Xandev, Auphelia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, and 36 others.Whimichy, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Staubsaugen, Stoniamera, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, The Filippinas, Dasko, Spearos, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Aveerya, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Phanama, Negoshi, Nowa Europa, Aurcania, Jennaterra, Ketathinamiri Islands, Imperial Duck, Higash, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Benstralis, Qawe, and Malonereich.