|Leader||Ismail Enes Kamburoglu|
The United Nations of Eppur is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Ismail Enes Kamburoglu with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, unlimited-speed roads, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.04 billion Eppurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Istanbul. The average income tax rate is 23.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Eppurian economy, worth 321 trillion Lire a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 157,568 Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The countryside is shrouded by wind farms, 90% of active duty EAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children, and Ismail Enes Kamburoglu's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition. Crime is totally unknown. Eppur's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, Ismail Enes Kamburoglu's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, 90% of active duty EAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, refugees without a PhD are sent back to where they came from.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, a large concrete wall is being built around the country's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Eppur was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
Endorsements Received: 78 » The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, The Republic of Osea, Arctic Coalition, Northern Nivaria, Evertopia, Valentian Elysium, Dustwind, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Liberdon, Anisopterra, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Point Comfort Colony, Ignis Cinere, Greenmont Federation, Isentran, Zeganas, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Drewish, Makykay, Asakraka, Kyrizstanislav, Solsevara, Republic of Libriano, Danyl, Vivolkha, Vill Send, Maalemzya, Anollasia, Govem, United States of Island land, Pianaville, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Megistos, Maconshinbernititte, Slaytania, Ardelenia, Ascended Union, Pallas Athenaie, Katitania, Kaltovar, Onfande, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, Arnesia, and 28 others.Silvedania, Carthegia, Selu-Ahare, Lisokyo, Krystalveil, Violent Trees, New Kowloon Bay, Greater Puptioneberadon, The Assembly of Awesomeness, The Fortem, Ner Epiand, Tausend Seen, Samonaemia, Tierra de Platanos, Wischland, The Indian Royalty, Killettland, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Cakasia, Mauryana, Locano, Capea, Yakkandiania, Saint Islaw Wra, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Dorab, and Kingdom of New Berlin.