The Federal Republic of Equatannia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 343 million Equatannians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Equatannian economy, worth 10.7 trillion Equos a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,249 Equos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, solid-gold toilets are Equatannian prisons' least expensive furnishings, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, and Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equatannia's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equatannia was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Equatannia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Equatannia endorsed The United Socialist States of Coruh.
- : Equatannia endorsed The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Equatannia endorsed The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Equatannia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Coruh.
- : Equatannia was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Equatannia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Equatannia endorsed The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Equatannia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Ripsylvania, H-Zhena, The Eternal Land of Jong, Brotherland, Lingu, Rainbow Vests, Technocratic Tagalog, Sokala, Staynes, Rhealaliit, Zukchiva, New Leganes, Dragons Blood, Talitoa, Tretrid, Aivintis, East Malaysia, Ridann, Mays Austrian Nation, Marrabuk, Raunch, Evrigenis, Oofery, BuciLand, Modra, Rohanland, Libertanny, Stellar Colonies, A mean old man, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, Coruh, and Refuge Isle.