The Constitutional Monarchy of Equestrian Commonwealth is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Princess Luna with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.506 billion Equines enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canterlot. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Equestrian economy, worth 513 trillion Bits a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,856 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, Equines refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equestrian Commonwealth's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equestrian Commonwealth's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Best Weather, and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Equestrian Commonwealth's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Equestrian Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.