|Leader||The Federal Council of Eriansund|
The Socialist People's Republic of Eriansund is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Federal Council of Eriansund with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 973 million Eriansundians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jårköpping. The average income tax rate is 35.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Eriansundian economy, worth 46.7 trillion Eriansund Mærkås a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 47,983 Eriansund Mærkås, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, the government loves seeing the little people fight, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes, and relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eriansund's national animal is the polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eriansund's influence in Adger And Fjordane rose from "Vassal" to "Handshaker".
- : Eriansund's influence in Adger And Fjordane rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Eriansund relocated from Montrandecs Neighbours to Adger And Fjordane.
- : Following new legislation in Eriansund, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Eriansund, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
- : Eriansund's influence in Montrandecs Neighbours fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Eriansund, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Eriansund, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Eriansund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Eriansund changed its national capital to "Jårköpping", its currency to "Eriansund Mærkå", and its leader to "The Federal Council of Eriansund".