The Two Candles of Evergreen Keys is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Keeper with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.876 billion Keysians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Keys. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Keysian economy, worth 217 trillion keys a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,077 keys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts, The Keeper panders to nontraditional families, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on, and vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evergreen Keys's national animal is the keysian dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, The Keeper panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, the new classical revitalization of Great Keys is expected to be completed sometime in the next century.
- : Evergreen Keys was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, escalators are avoided at all costs.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, Keysians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Imperium Anglorum, Umeria, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Chioganah, Pilipinas and Malaya, Republic of Satherland, St Scarlett, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, GanymedEuropa, Eritei, Outer Sparta, The Greater Eastern Republic, Neuchateau, Parliamentary Laramidia, Slavorussia, Monte Naranja, Wiener-Neustadt, Rotenstein, Bohomo, Feria-Alkaline, Walfo, Valskraa, Dark Matter, The New Nordic Union, Alsted, An Clar, Mallesia, Leranditale, Supcotia, Jim the Baptist, Solteur, Nardin, Regnum Italiae, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Lyallpur, Savinecross, Sloburg, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Destyntine, and 49 others.Abject Ludicrosity, The Seven Provinces, New Petra, Shaor, Chronus, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Rivierenland, The Oriental Empire, Bathera, Ostermarch, Sienkahn, Hunas, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Escalver, Caoripp, Meropis, Seims, Great Winminster, Wombelland, Crestphalia, Gerarvania, The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Great New Swiss, Termasek, Adamites, Flippydippy123, The New Mexican Confederation, Apabeossie, Ashckar, Vostokian Union, Owlograd, New Eestiball, Enway, Estellan, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Corsovica, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Eski, Zarulia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, and Continental Social Democrats.