The United States of Facodalcon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Nicholas Jacobs with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and complete lack of prisons. The devout population of 1.364 billion Facodalconians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inveria City. The average income tax rate is 36.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Facodalconian economy, worth 79.2 trillion facon dollers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,095 facon dollers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and the nation has an international reputation for compassion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Facodalcon's national animal is the Elk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Facodalcon, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Facodalcon's influence in URA rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Facodalcon's influence in URA rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Facodalcon's influence in URA rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Facodalcon's influence in URA rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Facodalcon endorsed The Technate of Marlida.
- : Facodalcon relocated from The Free Nations Region to URA.
- : Facodalcon was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Alphabeth.
- : Facodalcon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Facodalcon, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
Endorsements Received: None.