The People's Republic of Ferte is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.265 billion Ferteans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villalobos. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fertean economy, worth 717 trillion Golds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 114,557 Golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, and lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ferte's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is nonexistent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Ferte was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Ferte was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Old Atlantica, Future of Mankind, Stroulia, Slaytania, Chip Skylark, Lamborghini Murcielago, Zeganas, Better Indonesia, Zyrcrestia, Anollasia, Coreras, The Soylent Green Party, The Parandeam, Isentran, Dustwind, Seantonia, Maalemzya, Aspistania, Leirkra, Finswedeway, Wysrod, Karlando, New Fania, Echocrimsonia, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Achiotopia, Oyste, Kebecois, Evonidiche, Juiulia, Seranis, Vivolkha, Lower Phlebacite, Gewisse, Kingdom of New Berlin, Tzo, Elwana, Dovant, Palman, Tapperhed, Republic of Nutella, Testa, Iontan, Creeptopia, Northern Nivaria, Northern African Sahara, Offden, Spncrgmn, Kyrizstanislav, and 59 others.Ironica Butterfly, Novegia, Libertaritaritaritaria, New Dracora, PYT, Grimmywelsh, Cape Vessey, Grungerock, Zopciria, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Anisopterra, Colonel Terrosit, QuazaFire, Serlone, Free Land of Rebellium, Constantinolia, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Yakkandiania, Ascended Union, Decent Humans, Krystalveil, Rahatalia, Airday, Randopian, Neojinkotsu, Ao Kuang, Johnne Green, The Republic of Osea, Chocolate Coookies, Greenmont Federation, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Drewish, Solarampa, Snakeden, AciaciaMont, Histerrion, Itic, Evertopia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Ehrgeizig, Leprechaun Gold, Republic of Karskarovyt, Armatha, Great Ranges, Ria Reavi, Recon Island, Calrad, Xemja, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, United North American Islands, Liberdon, Namakan, Islands of Czechia, Bailsland, and Lisokyo.