The Federal Republic of Filipos is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, soft-spoken computers, and public floggings. The compassionate, devout population of 466 million Filiposians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victorias. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Filiposian economy, worth 55.0 trillion Pacificals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 117,951 Pacificals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, helicopter parenting is on the rise, and ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Filipos's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses.
- : Filipos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Filipos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, helicopter parenting is on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail.
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, weapons produced by newly nationalized armaments factories have been found to contain sawdust instead of gunpowder.
- : Filipos was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Filipos.
- : Following new legislation in Filipos, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings.