The Finland SSR of Finland SSR is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Son Gogito with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 13.054 billion Fins are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turku. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Finny economy, worth a remarkable 1,067 trillion markkaa a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 81,805 markkaa, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, cheering flag-waving citizens don't like to think too hard about politics, and historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Finland SSR's national animal is the snow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Gogito Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary and Most Influential.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Finland SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Largest Governments.
- : Finland SSR's influence in The Council of The Multiverse rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".