The Socialist Confederation of Footscray is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Calvin Lucien with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.233 billion Footscrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yeetinsburg. The average income tax rate is 86.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Footscrian economy, worth 482 trillion Tech Marcs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 149,226 Tech Marcs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sushi is sold on the black market, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, and every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Footscray's national animal is the Star Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Marxism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Footscray's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Footscray's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Footscray's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Footscray's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Footscray was refounded in Osiris.
- : Footscray ceased to exist in New Western Empire.
- : Footscray was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Footscray was endorsed by The Empire of Valltoria.
- : Footscray was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Dobyse.
- : Footscray was endorsed by The Kingdom of Balkan Vojvodina.