The United Socialist States of Frandlia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 713 million Frandlians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lina. The average income tax rate is 64.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Frandlian economy, worth 50.7 trillion Frands a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 71,172 Frands, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A vast monorail network carries people all over the country, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned spouses, and nations that kill a Frandlian can expect a strongly worded letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Frandlia's national animal is the Glossinidae, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Frandlia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, nations that kill a Frandlian can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned spouses.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Eternal Misfortune of Pencil Sharpeners 2.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Electorate of United Federated States of Omega.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Maoist of P R of China.
- : Frandlia was endorsed by The Electorate of United Federated States of Omega.
- : Frandlia was endorsed by The Maoist of P R of China.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Maletora, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Erinor, Xandev, The Filippinas, Jaxon, Darakin, Jehenna, Barabarom, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, Republic Clovakh, Staubsaugen, Jahass, Whimichy, Akindom, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Churumduul, Agalaesia, New Juan Carlos Land, State of Iowa, Tsvetania, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Chocholand, Tsunamy, Mew Nation, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Roavin, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Qawe, Negoshi, Qvait, Changolandia, Beepee, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, P R of China, and United Federated States of Omega.