|Animal||Ameglian Major Cow|
The Collective of the Species of Gallaton is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by A Colliar with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 3.667 billion Gallatonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stonehaven. The average income tax rate is 87.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gallatonian economy, worth 393 trillion Triganic Pus a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,410 Triganic Pus, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, the nation's ambassadors often conduct their business in jail cells, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gallaton's national animal is the Ameglian Major Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gallaton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Gallaton endorsed The Royaume of Celestiam.
- : Gallaton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Gallaton, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Gallaton, the nation's ambassadors often conduct their business in jail cells.
- : Following new legislation in Gallaton, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Gallaton, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- : Gallaton endorsed The Republic of Kerosmark.
- : Gallaton endorsed The United Insular States of Achipel.
- : Following new legislation in Gallaton, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.