The Quangocracy of Galterama is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Editor with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 21.882 billion Galteramen hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galterama City. The average income tax rate is 16.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Galteraman economy, worth a remarkable 3,361 trillion words a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 153,600 words, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, rumor has it that The Editor has won three lotteries in a row, and libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Galterama's national animal is the peacock, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Grammarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Galterama rejected a request from Assembly of Christian Nations for an embassy with The Atlantic.
- : Galterama agreed to construct embassies between The Atlantic and SECFanatics.
- : Galterama agreed to construct embassies between The Atlantic and Zero Zero Zero Zero.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Galterama agreed to construct embassies between The Atlantic and Dravida Nadu.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Galterama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and the Top 10% for Nudest.