The Nomadic Peoples of Gamelan is a huge, safe nation, notable for its lack of airports, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 457 million Gamelanians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gamelanian economy, worth 15.0 trillion Emas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,904 Emas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gamelan's national animal is the Sunda Colugo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gamelan, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Gamelan, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Gamelan, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Gamelan, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present.
- : Following new legislation in Gamelan, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Gamelan was endorsed by The Allied States of Inaros OPA.
- : Gamelan was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Gamelan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Gamelan was endorsed by The Lacking of HumanSanity.
- : Gamelan was endorsed by The Oligarchy of Vystrania.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Sylh Alanor, Junitaki-cho, Tovenia, Laisou, Floofybit, Araine, Cadenzana, Elenaraghaenaris, Melenavenia, Liphia, Michelland, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Wankdeed, Nerdy Tangent, Narwhal, Republic of Central Darfur, Typica, Tre Bia Land, Indimu, Sueloc, Imbault, Lower French Gregballs, Golden gateway, Parapollacis, Koayo, Chacapoya, Feu de Glace, Bapaving, Vystrania, and Inaros OPA.