|Leader||Maximillian the Fierce|
The Colony of Ganud is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Maximillian the Fierce with an even hand, and renowned for its feral children, national health service, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.648 billion Ganudians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, liberal government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Environment, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Law & Order and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yugar. The average income tax rate is 4.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Ganudian economy, worth 174 trillion Mocas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 105,941 Mocas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, citizens are expected to be armed at all times, and fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ganud's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mesarian Kantu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ganud was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Ganud was endorsed by The Technocratic Republic of Laudesia.
- : Following new legislation in Ganud, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Following new legislation in Ganud, citizens are expected to be armed at all times.
- : Following new legislation in Ganud, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Ganud voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Ganud was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ecolaria.
- : Ganud was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ganud, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year.
- : Following new legislation in Ganud, the only things Ganudians vote on are cutest penguin competitions.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Primorye Oblast, Geektopia, Raghallaigh, Beriwen, Samuelstani, Le Libertia, Cortlandt Manor, Pygania, Pirataria, Mancheseva City, Penlopa, Caffeinated, Akeland, Thurston, Precisely Nothing, Emastalia, Poquaoi, Gooblaria, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, West Wirral, Terra Potestatem, Leuxas, Lethen, Free Rosabell, Almendron, Ipsonasia, New France Republic, Benthamania, Eloscape, Utopian Earth, Royal Alchemia, Havenwelle, Barcelona and Girona, United Kingdoms of Redania, Trackeendy, Corovos, Tassaland, Gabingston, Mousa Liberty, Andradus, Zakanda, Taskete, Arvigiel, Paulotzia, Voxum Mortalum, Abassyia, The Democratic Peoples, Kingdom of Stargard, Mediocrea, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, and 12 others.Brickfield, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Cyberpunk, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Mutualist American Republics, The Lost Men, Gredstan, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, and Laudesia.