The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, soft-spoken computers, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.151 billion Garbeli are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 92.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Garbelery economy, worth 113 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 98,283 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Garvida Natural History Museum, the government is avowedly secular, the nation is so apathetic that Garbeli can barely find the energy to bring new issues to the government, and the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Lutrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Garbelia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the nation is so apathetic that Garbeli can barely find the energy to bring new issues to the government.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Garvida Natural History Museum.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Garbelery satellites can detect it.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Garbelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the election for Lutra Otto's office's janitor is heating up.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, Hoochlandia, Cuillin, and 28 others.The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Cikya, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Uan aa Boa, The Fabulous Islands, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Gloomspick, Shalotte, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, Tscharva, Arklanda, McClandia Doge 2, Eaven, Jutsa, and Democratic Republic of Cacusia.