|Leader||President Pamela Paris|
The Social Democracy of Gardavasque is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Pamela Paris with an even hand, and remarkable for its lack of airports, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.946 billion Gardavascans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eternity. The average income tax rate is 67.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gardavascan economy, worth 553 trillion Yescas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 111,962 Yescas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Relatives of recent award winners find their trophies make stylish urns, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced, and opening a bad email attachment can be a major felony. Crime is totally unknown. Gardavasque's national animal is the Banshee Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gardavasque's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Gardavasque was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, opening a bad email attachment can be a major felony.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, relatives of recent award winners find their trophies make stylish urns.
- : Gardavasque changed its national leader to "President Pamela Paris".
- : Gardavasque revoked its national faith.
- : Gardavasque voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Gardavasque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
Endorsements Received: 17 » Grosseschnauzer, Osirisa, Comhar, United New England, Trive 38, The Crimean Enclave, Xiomera, Grellania, -Astoria, South Pacific Republic, Aethelia, Sunemia, Slokais Islands, Ponoxien, Libertas Omnium Maximus, Tearvan, and Sycona.