|Leader||The Worker's and Farmer's Congress|
The East China Soviet Republic of Gatos Cecireshn is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by The Worker's and Farmer's Congress with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.95 billion Soviets are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ascendancy. The average income tax rate is 35.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Gatos Cecireshnian economy, worth 449 trillion Soviet Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 152,463 Soviet Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
You can bet your bottom dollar that gambling will cost you an arm and a leg, an enormous health awareness programme is underway, copyright laws have been abolished, and bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gatos Cecireshn's national animal is the Wojtek, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gatos Cecireshn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Gatos Cecireshn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Gatos Cecireshn's influence in Entropy rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Following new legislation in Gatos Cecireshn, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls.
- : Gatos Cecireshn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Gatos Cecireshn voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Gatos Cecireshn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Gatos Cecireshn was endorsed by The Federation Lord Chaplain of Vom Leben.
- : Following new legislation in Gatos Cecireshn, copyright laws have been abolished.
- : Gatos Cecireshn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".