The United States of Gendwana is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 445 million Gendwanans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 60.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gendwanan economy, worth 16.4 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 36,937 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government funds large training centres to turn Platypuses into functioning members of society, third world countries are rich in "I Love Gendwana City" t-shirts, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader, and the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gendwana's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader.
- : Gendwana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Gendwana endorsed The Republic of Androxis.
- : Gendwana endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Gendwana endorsed The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, third world countries are rich in "I Love Gendwana City" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, the government funds large training centres to turn Platypuses into functioning members of society.
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, adult magazines are having a sales resurgence as internet anonymity disappears.
- : Following new legislation in Gendwana, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Desrouleaux, Raghallaigh, Clialaad, Le Libertia, Mancheseva City, Precisely Nothing, Saarland-Niederbayern, Eloscape, Pirataria, Aexnidaral, United-Marrshmallows, Ikheria, Arvigiel, The United Peoples of Centrism, Purple Ruthenia, Caffeinated, Mikkazuki, Ajaccino, Salxeburg, Acapais, Deathfall, Twilight Ways, Taskete, Ipsonasia, New Peoples Empire, Pentralis, Cyberian States, Envielle, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, Chungus World, Androxis, and Baobab-Bumbaria.