|Leader||King Simon I|
The Kingdom of Geolapo is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Simon I with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, aversion to nipples, and smutty television. The compassionate, devout population of 1.359 billion Geolapoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geolapo City. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Geolapoan economy, worth 111 trillion Polas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,309 Polas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny, hackers post hourly updates on international summits, and contestants on Geolapo's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geolapo's national animal is the Green Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, contestants on Geolapo's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent.
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, hackers post hourly updates on international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Geolapo endorsed The Interstellar Republic of Venmere.
- : Geolapo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Geolapo was endorsed by The Interstellar Republic of Venmere.
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, the moon's craters are more numerous every day.
- : Following new legislation in Geolapo, disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire.
- : Geolapo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
Endorsements Received: 30 » United States of Island land, Wysrod, Clialaad, The Fortem, Namakan, S Mova Derat, Marxist Germany, Vivolkha, The Galactic American Imperium, The Republic of Osea, Megistos, Tzo, Pianaville, Ilfarasia, New Kowloon Bay, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Tierra de Platanos, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, Maconshinbernititte, Janraiqlux, The Indian Royalty, Silvedania, Alemputo, Kachikawawa, Better Indonesia, Novegia, and Venmere.