The People's Republic of Georce is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Stryker with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, triple-decker prams, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.463 billion Georceans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carrion City. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Georcean economy, worth 140 trillion Aceroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 95,923 Aceroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, and hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Georce's national animal is the pigeon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Pigeonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Georce was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Following new legislation in Georce, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Georce was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, Stryker's Dreadnought-class tankbuster limousine is said to have more ammunition than the entire Brancalandian Army.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
- : Following new legislation in Georce, weapons produced by newly nationalized armaments factories have been found to contain sawdust instead of gunpowder.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Anisopterra, Wysrod, The Republic of Osea, Evertopia, Northern Nivaria, Ignis Cinere, Marxist Germany, Valentian Elysium, Dustwind, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Clialaad, Holma, Namakan, Anollasia, The Galactic American Imperium, Megistos, S Mova Derat, United States of Island land, Pianaville, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Ilfarasia, Capea, Richmondroads, Silvedania, Tausend Seen, Alemputo, Saint Islaw Wra, and Batona.