The Republic of Gersedsok is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 370 million Gersedsokians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government prioritizes Law & Order, with Defense, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.7%.
The thriving Gersedsokian economy, worth 31.2 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 84,346 kronor, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 361,715 per year while the poor average 12,588, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, Leader claims to be the epitome of family values, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, and homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gersedsok's national animal is the squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gersedsok was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Gersedsok was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Gersedsok was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Gersedsok's influence in The East Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Gersedsok was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Gersedsok was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Gersedsok's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Gersedsok was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Gersedsok was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Gersedsok was endorsed by The Holy Blue Free Land of Liberstankonia.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Lingu, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Modra, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Dragons Blood, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Evrigenis, Oofery, Liberstankonia, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, and A mean old man.